Teg Down!!!!!

Discussion in '90-93 Integra' started by JDaM_Driver, Jun 4, 2008.

1. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well i was on my way home and am maybe like 5 mintues away from home. So am coming up to an intersection that is infamous for accidents. I was going North to South on my street and there was a line of cars making left turns. So am coming up on the intersection and two cars see me and make the left turn and cleared the intersection, am entering the intersection and a third car decideds to make the left turn while am crossing and well............

This is the lady's car.

ai30.tinypic.com_2nrmwqu.jpg

ai32.tinypic.com_28s7pd1.jpg

Thats all that happend to her car.

Now look at mine :cry:

ai32.tinypic.com_2sah34p.jpg

ai28.tinypic.com_2e530pi.jpg

ai31.tinypic.com_23lfthx.jpg

ai29.tinypic.com_2d8kxfm.jpg

My 1 Piece headlight gone!!:cry:

ai27.tinypic.com_2d6rwnd.jpg

So what happend was she jumped infront of me trying to make the left turn and i was going straight and we hit.
    ai30.tinypic.com_2nrmwqu.jpg ai32.tinypic.com_28s7pd1.jpg ai32.tinypic.com_2sah34p.jpg ai28.tinypic.com_2e530pi.jpg ai31.tinypic.com_23lfthx.jpg ai29.tinypic.com_2d8kxfm.jpg ai27.tinypic.com_2d6rwnd.jpg

2. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    her fault? hope so! damn man they say that accidents happen close to home! maybe it'll all get fixed and your shit will be better!! :thumbup:

3. whoizzy

whoizzy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Damn you alright bro? Same thing happened to me in my CL. Hopefully your insurance company is beeter than mine was at the time. You decided what your gonna do with her?

4. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah it is her fault you have the right of way u were going straight so her insurance will cover it and idk botu ur insurance but i have heard about a guy that got into an accident with performance parts on his car and it didnt get covered because he didnt have the special insurance on his car for the performace parts. so hopefully yours isnt like that.

5. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah, its her fault. I have the right-a-way to cross cause I was the one going straight. She has to wait till I cleared the intersection to make her left turn. Well I called my insurance company and the ladys and they said they're going to be doing an investagation on what happend. My car isn't driveable anymore, my steering wheel is locked in place, it won't turn. All the fuilds in my car are gone ie oil, antifreeze, powersteering, etc.. My car pretty much got f**ked up bad. Well somebody told me that I could take the money the insurance company is going to pay to fix my car and get a new car. But am waiting to see what happends.

6. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah, that's what I've heard also. Like my one piece headlight, they say that's a mod that I did and probably won't be covered. So am just waiting to see what they say.

7. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well i recieved a phone call today from the lady's insurance company. I told the damages my car has. And they said my car is a "total lost" but am still waiting for a "land agent" to come over and check out my car.

8. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    When i totaled my accord i got more for it than i would because of the mods. I have Allstate. I specifically asked them when i made the claim and they took that into consideration when making my quote. But then again it was my insurance company cutting the check not someone else's. I also had full coverage if that has anything to do with it.

As for it being a total loss, that sucks! Whats it need? Core support, fender, head light, hood and a bumper? If they do total it see if you can buy it back from the insurance company. I wish i could of got my accord and fixed it.

9. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah the only reason they total a car is if there is frame damage they may thing there is damage to it but until the land agent comes to look at it don't worry about it

10. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Don't they totalled a car if the cost of the repairs were more than the blue book price of the car. my sister ran my accord under a big ass truck and it had no frame damage, but they totalled it. it looked about the same as JDaM_Drivers car.

11. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes they only total it if it cost more to fix it than the car is worth. If that was a $30,000 corvette with the same frame damage they would defiantly fix it.

12. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah probably like that i have heard the frame damage thing. the damage on the persons car was probably more than the cost of the car thats y. good luck with it let us know what happens

13. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah, they pretty much claimed my car total lost because there is frame damage. But I'll keep you guys updated.

14. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    That sucks man because its defiantly fixable.. Just like my accord was...:computerrage:

15. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well its done with. Famers came out to look at my car, they looked at everything and i mean everything in and around my car. Ok, well i just got off the phone with the total lost agent and they said the most they can give me for my car is $1935.55. So now am pretty much stuck walking everywhere. Am thinking about selling the engine cause it's still good, so that i can get a little more money for another car. Well i'll let you guys know what i do.

16. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    WOW man I am really sorry to see this. The car was looking really nice too, its a shame... some people just shouldnt be on the road. Is buying the car back an option? If so maybe you could to that and either fix it or part it out somewhat and make some more money at least. Either way good luck with everything and hopefully you end up with something just as nice or better.

17. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    When they total it out you have to sign the title over to them before they give you a check so its like they are buying the car from you. So you wont be able to pull the motor and sell it unless you buy it back.

18. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well they left me the car. I've already asked around to see how much it would cost to fix, and its just too much. A friend of mine also told me to sell my car in parts. And then just junk the shell of my car. You know, to get as much money out of it as I could.

19. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    take the shell (if its bad) and recycle it. most metal places will buy metal from you if its that much. you might get $300 or so out of it. i had a CRX parts car that had been picked up by a tornado. after we stripped it we cut it up with a saw zaw and put it in a dumpster! lol!

20. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well am planning on selling to whole car all together. The engine still runs and strong, and only damage is in what you can see in the pictures. The only question I have is how much do you guys think I can get for it? And how much should I put it up for sell?