Chic with a Civic-(EJ1)-Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by chic with a civic, Mar 18, 2008.

1. chic with a civic

chic with a civic New Member

Start a Conversation
    I like this idea. That's what most people want...right? PICTURES! If that wasn't the case....Larry Flynt and Hugh Heffner would have been out of work a LOOONG time ago! Hahahahaha! Just Kidding. Anyhow, this is my baby. I'm not done with her by any means. It all takes money! Slowly but surely though I'm building her up to what I want. I put in the headers, converted it from an automatic to a manual (hence the picture of the stick...lol...and that boot and knob are only to hold me over), 17" BSA rims, Pioneer deck, Hasport motor mount, Exedy stage 2 clutch, and a Secret Weapon R intake. The ECU is still stock, but that too will change.

Stock 1994 Ex Civic Coupe (EJ1)
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock.jpg
    Stock Header
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock1.jpg
    Header Upgrade
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock2.jpg
    Down Pipe
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock3.jpg
    '17 BSA Rims
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock4.jpg
    Front View of BSAs
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock5.jpg
    Hasport Mounts for
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock6.jpg
    Auto to Manuel Conversion
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock7.jpg
    WeaponR Intake
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock8.jpg
    Money Shot
    ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a274_CLUTCH_ONE_stock9.jpg
    stock.jpg Picture 007.jpg Picture 008.jpg Picture 011.jpg DSCF0365.JPG front.jpg Picture 005.jpg Picture 001.jpg intake.jpg intake2.jpg

2. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah that's what i'm talking about! i really love eg's!

3. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    lookin nice, good luck with it and keep us posted :)

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I Fixed your Pics...

Yes, you made It to the Garage... Congrats:woot:

Now All you have to do is Post Pics of Every Upgrade you do to your Car and Post Pics in this Thread with an Explanation of What you Did... Soon you will See Progress you have made and This Thread will Serve as a Time Line for your Car... And We here can help you :help: with any Problems you may have in the Future by the Pics you Post... :paper:

Looking Very Clean So far... What are your Next Plans....:googly:

*Maybe Lowering and Front Lip*

5. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Looks like you have a good start, now lower that bih to da flo! :)

6. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
  7. EJ1 Freak

EJ1 Freak New Member

Start a Conversation
    Awww you're going to make me cry...I miss her!!! :(

8. EJ1 Freak

EJ1 Freak New Member

Start a Conversation
    Awesome job so far on the auto to manual swap! Sorry I didn't have a chance to check out your other thread, but did you do the conversion yourself?

What's next for it?

EJ1 Chics ftmfw! lol

9. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    Oh my Gosh! I'm soooo sorry! I didn't realize so many people had replied to my update! OK..... first of all.. what in the WORLD does EJ1 Chics ftmfw mean? LOL! No I didn't do it myself... I don't even have ramps yet, and I don't trust my little jack to hold my car well enough to go jerking a tranny out! My buddy did it at his shop while I was at work. Next for my car? I bought two Polk MOMO 12" subs and an Eclipse amp to go in it. I'm so stoked. Yes, I want to lower it, but first I have to get some lower profile tires. It scrubs right now as is. The tires on it right now came with the rims, and they're a little too tall. I WOULD like to get a hold of a Mugen chin spoiler, but you're talking more money than I have right now...lol.
    EJ1 Freak... you had a bad ass little car! It DOES look like mine, but I like the fog lamps. I don't have those *sigh*.
    I want to KEEP her clean.... not too flashy. You know what I mean? Everything I do from now on will be motor related...after the system of course. I will be having my mechanic's cousin writing a prog for an ecu, so my poor car stops trying to read the automatic tranny. That check engine light is killing me...LOL!

10. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah that looks really good so who do you like how everything turned out?

11. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    well.....

I like her so far...but is anyone ever DONE with their car? lol. There's always SOMETHING new to do to it!

12. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    new toys!!!

okie dokie! SO this was a pain in the ARSE! I don't know WHY I take on these projects in the dark...but whatever...lol. I put the tail lights on at night, I put the intake on at night, so why not the subs too?? lol Now it's been about 10 years since I put in any kind of stereo equipment. I don't ever want to do it AGAIN! But the pay off was worth it. My baby be rockin! :rocks:
    I was amazed at how much room is actually IN the trunk...lol. I was actually quite comfortable in there. The wiring IS run down the middle ( I know...I KNOW!) but after trying to 15 minutes to pull out the plastic panels along the doors I gave up. I didn't want to break them, and those bishes weren't cooperating at ALL. I ran the power through the firewall. Theres a plastic cap that covers a hole just under the battery and to the right. So now, my litle monster is equipped with a Pioneer head, two Polk MOMO 12" subs, and an Eclipse amp. YAY!
    Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 008.jpg Picture 014.jpg Picture 011.jpg Picture 012.jpg

13. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    nice! :thumbup:

14. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks good any pics of the new air intake?? keep up the good work wish my projects came along that quickly.

15. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    intake

There's a picture of it on the first page of the thread... it's the Weapon R in one of the bottom photos. And believe me... I've been waiting a year to do this. It's taken me quite a while to get this far, and I'm not done yet!! LOL

16. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    looks nice!! oh yeah and the car looks cool too;)!

17. EJ1Rider

EJ1Rider New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice coupe (^_^) V

18. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    EJ1 Chicks for the mother fuckin win! (FTMFW) Glad to hear youre making progress. You should clean up the engine bay a little, just pressure wash it and paint the valve cover or something and it would look a lot better. Take care of that CEL, I HATE having it mine on too! What are the specs on that system? That power cable looks so small! At least you didnt run it around the fender though lol

19. chic with a civic

Start a Conversation
    Wow.. talk about rising up from the dead. I was shocked to see a new post..lol.

The car has been through some changes since I was last on here. I got a set of H&R springs and lowered her. That meant of course I had to lose the red 17" wheels.

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0058.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0054.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0058.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0057.jpg

[​IMG]

I got a set of SI wheels and put them on... it looked pretty nice I guess

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0395.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_alleycolor.jpg

Ultimately though... I wanted it lower. Call me crazy, but I took the SI's off. I painted my steelies black, put them on the car, and now she's riding quite nice and low :woot:

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0056.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0071.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0365.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0370.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0367.jpg

ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0369.jpg

Sadly... I don't think I will keep the car much longer. I am chasing oil leak after oil leak. The newest one only happens on hard acceleration = no puddle, no drips. I can just smell it when the oil hits the motor somewhere :(

I'm tired of spending money trying to fix things. The car is only worth less than 2 grand, but I have spent FAR more than that just fixing stuff. My synchros aren't right in third gear, the a/c still doesn't work, the IACV is going wack on me, Vtec isn't working... I could go on and on. I am exploring my options and trying to figure out what I am going to get. I'm leaning towards the WRX side of life :rocks:
    ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0058.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0054.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0057.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0395.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_alleycolor.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0056.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_DSCF0071.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0365.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0370.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0367.jpg ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h109_hconner_IMG_0369.jpg

20. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    yes i love to see when women are into cars!