Auto Seat Belt Problems

Discussion in '90-93 Integra' started by Jmmm, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    First let me say i know there is a life time warranty on the auto seat belts but the dealer is over a hour away from me so i want to fix this myself.

Well when i open the door the seat belts will go to the "open" position but they will not go back when the door is closed. They worked the first day i got the car then just stopped out of no where. I just don't understand why they will "open" but they wont "close". This is a big safety hazard and really need to get it fixed, going to the dealer is last resort for me.

Ive checked the fuses and the control box under the kick panel on the passenger side. Don't know what else to look for please help me!:attention:

2. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well i dont know if anyone one else has this problem but i sprayed brake part cleaner all along the track and on the clip near the motor then took a flathead screwdriver with a rag on the end and scrubbed the gunk out of the track and now it works fine. Only goes to the "closed" position when the key is on. Is that normal?

3. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Thats Normal

Im Kind of Glad you Cleaned the Tracks before I Seen this Thread Cause I would have told you the Motor Often Goes bad on the Auto Seat Belts you May Need to Just go By a New One... Good Thing you had the Common Sense to Clean It Out the Tracks First... :googly:

4. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well i knew the motor was good because it would go to the open position but wouldn't close.

To be honest i hate these damn seat belts.

5. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Racing Seat w/ Harness

If you Really Hate the Adjustable Seat Belts I would Suggest Upgrading to a Racing Seat like Bride or Recaro and then Strapping your Self in with a Takata Harness... Like the Pic Below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click the Pics for more Information

6. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    One day.. I haven't even started with the mods yet other than intake. I gotta get this thing running right first

7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Drive to the dealer and get them fixed, parts for both sides can cost up to $1000. Don't mess with the seatbelts, it is a serious safety component. Get them fixed. My drivers side is skips on the track so I will be making an appointment to have it fixed.

8. Jmmm

Jmmm New Member

Start a Conversation
    fixed it

9. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Easy, fix. There is a little seatbelt tool in the tool kit in the trunk. It has round knob and rod. You insert it in the little hole on the rear inside panel (there is a little plastic cover you remove. Turn the knob all the way counter clock wise while the door is open. This should reset the positioning. Try it.

If you don't have the tool, you can buy it.
    89212-SK7-A01 HANDLE, PASSIVE BELT EMERGENCY $10.27
    89214-SK7-A01 Shaft $3.03

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray...GS&catcgry5=TOOLS-JACK&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no